Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU vs. UC - Mini Me Verne Troyer Doing the Chicken Dance

+14 HS
Large Father's picture
September 4, 2019 at 9:08pm
10 Comments

Tressels, Fickells, Urbans and Days, 

Mini-me Verne Troyer doing the chicken dance.  Hosting 15, or maybe more...I lost count, friends from Columbus at our Perkins Avenue house in Hyde Park.  Tailgating all day and having a beer with Huggy Bear, Bob Huggins, and his entourage.  Walking through the streets of downtown Cincinnati after the game and stumbling on October fest celebration at Fountain Square.  Getting the nickname "Large Father."  Watching the action from the upper deck of Paul Brown Stadium.  Yelling for Tress to give MoC more carries.  And, the transition of Chris Gamble as a two-way player saving the game playing defensive back.

Great memories of an awesome college football weekend in September 2002 when OSU played UC in Paul Brown Stadium when I lived in Cincinnati.  The first of many close games that magical 14-0 season; the first ever 14-win team in college football history.

That's also the same year I began writing my weekly prediction under variations of a nickname.  Things went pretty well that  2002 season, so I continued.  I wish I could find my prediction email from the 2002 OSU vs UC game.  If anyone has it, feel free to forward it to me, Chris Gamble, Huggy Bear and whoever is attempting to collect back taxes from Verne Troyer's estate.

The first 8 minutes of Coach Day's first game as the official head coach was unbelievable.  I wondered if Ohio State had ever eclipsed 100 points...and if Chase Young would break the single season sack record in one game.  But, more importantly, I had a great time watching the game with my wife, Shannon, and my son, Jake.  That's what OSU football is all about for me.    

I'm really looking forward to the 2019 version of OSU vs. UC because it reminds me of all the great memories 17 years ago....and gifts us another Saturday for moments with friends and family.  

Touchdowns:  Dobbins, Fields, Olave, KJ Hill

OSU 31 UC 17

Go Bucks!  Beat UC!  BB Landers for Heisman!

Puffy Padre

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 10 Comments