Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Random Fact About Maurice Clarett--He Loves Poetry

+5 HS
MiamiBuckeye's picture
September 3, 2019 at 1:19pm
24 Comments

Although I was very young in 2002 when Ohio State beat Miami to win the BCS national title, Maurice Clarett is still an incredible figure to me, someone who represents the greatness that Ohio State football should aspire to. 

As many of you probably know, he's also a great, humble, and kind person, but I learned something new about him today from Twitter, something that makes him even cooler to me than he was before: he's a big poetry fan. I learned this from one of my favorite poets, Columbus-based poet Hanif Abdurraqib (author of "The Crown Ain't Worth Much" and "They Can't Kill Us Until They Kill Us"), who had the surprise honor of having Clarett in attendance during a reading he was giving. Clarett approached him after the reading to say how thrilled he was to see such a big crowd for a poetry event. 

Here's the link: https://twitter.com/NifMuhammad/status/1168304466954731520

I know it's only a little anecdote, but it's so cool to think someone like Mo Clarett loves something that's so close and dear to me, an artform that isn't appreciated as much in our society as it should be. 

Anyway, thought I'd share. Go Buckeyes! 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 24 Comments