Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

2019 - Status of the Running Backs

+8 HS
Brooksie's picture
August 5, 2019 at 12:47pm
10 Comments

If anyone is close to the edge of the ledge and thinking about taking a leap because we missed out on Bijan Robinson and Kendall Milton - I implore you to find the strength to step away from the ledge.

No, it never is a good look to miss on targets you really wanted. But we have to keep in mind that we are talking about teenagers who have never lived on their own yet. They have been known to change their mind five times before breakfast about the most flippant things - let alone the chose of a school that will shape their lives forever.

Even though in our mind it would be better for a certain athlete to attend our school - family pressures can trump those feelings. Not all situations are right for all players - and we must keep in mind that, more often than not, these kids will bow to whatever they have known all their lives - their own families.

All that being said, I think this is a huge opportunity on the recruiting trail for Brian Hartline and Tony Alford in 2021. Can you imagine being a highly rated recruit - and Tony Alford shows up at your door laying out a realistic plan where you can see the field in 2020 at THEE Ohio State University? Wow. I would be surprised if we don't snag a 5 star in the 2020 cycle. (Hello Donovan Edwards?)

But back to 2019. Just because we whiffed on a couple of recruits does not mean the cupboard is bare. JK is the unquestioned starter, and probably bellcow back. DeMario McCall can have success from the H Back spot.

There are 3 other backs of note on the roster. At this point, they are simply inexperienced and unproven. Another huge opportunity for them. And lets be realistic - they would not even be in Columbus in the first place if the weren't very talented backs. I have an awful lot of confidence in Master Teague, Steele Chambers, Marcus Crowley to get the job done when called upon.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 10 Comments