Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Deploying the Predator in 2019

+1 HS
BuckeyeCrusdader's picture
July 30, 2019 at 11:56am
20 Comments

I was thinking about Chase Young's likely final season in Columbus. He performed admirably in 2018 with 10.5 sacks.

Johnathan Cooper did not do much to provide pressure from the other side in 2018, Tyreke Smith flashed a little. If we can get Smith, or Jean-Baptiste, or Zach Harrison going off the other edge that will make The Predator's life a little easier in terms of facing double and triple teams.

If we do not get production from the other side I hope LJ, Mattison and Washington get a little creative with the positioning and attack with #2. Chase has shown the ability to play in space when necessary, and I think in passing downs he should be used in a myriad of ways. Use him standing up, standard stunts and twist etc. I believe they will do this as it would be a shame to run him into double and triple teams if the guy on the other side cannot win 1 on 1s. In the first clip above Chase even shows the ability to drop and come up and tackle a skill guy in space. His versatility is off the charts and I could see him playing 3-4 OLB in the NFL.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 20 Comments