Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Pre-Season CFB Publications

+6 HS
zeketolliver's picture
June 18, 2019 at 11:51am
42 Comments

Good morning all!!!

The pre-season publications are rolling out in (near) force, now.

I've only had the briefest of chances to peruse the Lindy's B1G Preview. Lindy's picked scUM as the B1G East/B1G in their publication. I suppose this is the safe bet when Michigan keeping Harbaugh, 8 starters on Offense (including Patterson, his top two WR's, and 4/5 of the OL), and the (seeming) splash OC hire. Yet, there is little reference to the loss of Mattison and Washington from the defensive staff in scUM's preview. The movement of Mattison and Washington from scUM to tOSU is referenced primarily in the 'Notebook' section of each team's preview, and Washington's hire is referenced with regard to replacing Davis following the underachieving performance of tOSU LB's in 2018.

Who all have read the 2019 previews? Do all of the publications make so little of the Buckeye Defensive staff overhaul? If so, do you think it is a simple matter of there being so many other storylines to include in a small space?

Personally, I am a big fan of Day's defensive overhaul. My personal opinion is the talent is there, but was misused in 2018. Am I making too much of the defensive hires, do you think?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 42 Comments