Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Dealing with Fans from Other Teams in a Non-football Environment

+8 HS
spiBuckeye's picture
May 31, 2019 at 9:51am
92 Comments

The setting: Memorial day weekend enjoying the sun, scenery and weather on South Padre Island with the Mrs. while sipping margaritas.

The happening: Older fart walking the beach with his wife. He looks at the wife and I and proceeds to walk over to us (of course I am wearing my OSU championship hat and OSU swim gear). He looks at me and says, "How do you do it?" I ask what he is talking about and he says, "Root for Urban liar?".

My reaction was to just stare at him with no reply. He then goes on about how he is a Florida fan and tells me all the reasons he hates Urban. His butt hurt is laid out for all to see. After he is done, my only response was that the coach is a great man and he did right by OSU. After he walks away, the Mrs. looks at me and says, "OMG, people are really weird!"

Let me hear about your similar situations and your responses. I realize you can't argue/respond to stupid so I didn't get sucked into this conversation. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 92 Comments