College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Alabama and Oklahoma Schedule Home-and-home Series for 2032 and 2033

+2 HS
Defiance's picture
April 10, 2019 at 5:08pm
84 Comments

So you read the headline and ask yourself " So what if Alabama and Oklahoma scheduled a home-and-home series, I root for the team that plays in Columbus. What do I care?"

Well, I get where you're coming from but take this into consideration:

Two weeks ago, Oklahoma and Clemson agreed to a home-and-home series in 2035 and 2036

So Oklahoma is going out and scheduling meaningful home-and-home series against teams that have a knack for getting to the CFP. They also have had the last two Heisman trophy winners and seem to have a little steam behind their recruiting because of that. 

Anyone paying attention to recruiting might also have noticed that Clemson is killing it on the recruiting trail lately. It's not if they have a commit today, it seems like it's who is their commit today.

So still you have that look that says "So what?" and I get that so here's my point and question about the topic. 

We give the SEC a boatload of grief about Chicken Shit Saturday and rightfully so. While the B1G is beating each other up, Alabama is facing Citadel or U T Chattanooga! 

In the same breath, we challenge fans of the ACC to tell us who Clemson faced during the regular season. Charlatte and Wofford just don't seem to carry much weight unless you're an ACC fanboy, right?

Full disclaimer here. I reference the 2019 OOC opponents for tOSU but let's not overlook the fact that these home-and-home series that Oklahoma are scheduling are going to be played in the 2030's. If we look into our Buckeye crystal ball, we can see that they have scheduled:

2020/21 - Oregon home-and-home (props to Woodshed for the additional intel)

2022/23 - Notre Dame home-and-home

2024/25 - Washington Huskies home-and-home

2025/26 - Texas Longhorns home-and-home

2026/27 - Boston College home-and-home

Do you agree with Oklahoma scheduling some teams that will test them during the regular season or do you prefer to play it safe and hope to come out of the B1G without a loss or perhaps with just little hiccup on your record? We all know what can happen to your CFP dreams when you lose to an opponent that you weren't supposed to during the regular season, right?!

So that is the question here really. Do you prefer that tOSU plays it safe and schedules Florida Atlantic, Cincinnati and Miami (Ohio) or would you prefer that they put their proverbial money where their mouth is and schedule something like the Oklahoma vs Clemson/Alabama type of home-and-home series?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 84 Comments