Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Ryan Day's Recruiting Strategy

-2 HS
Buckeye_bob's picture
December 18, 2018 at 4:23am
62 Comments

First off with Urban Meyer stepping down there is going to be an obvious drop off national recruiting until Day gets his feet under him, the good thing is Day has Ohio kids to fall back on. I think Meyer would have done just about as well had he grabbed a few of the kids that went to other schools and have played very well. I liked hearing Day say that we need to lock down Ohio kids and get MSU and scUM out of our state. The recruiting rankings say Ohio talent has dropped off in the past years, this is somewhat true, but most of those rankings are slanted to the SE and SEC country. Yet you see Kentucky having a great season and taking over half of every recruiting class is from Ohio. Michigan has 6-8-10 kids from Ohio every year. I think if Day and his recruiting director do their homework and keep these kids in state they can fill the void until he gets those trusts built in national recruiting.

strategic mod edit walken comma you're welcome 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 62 Comments