Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Hypothetical - Ryan Day's Leash at TOSU

+6 HS
Brohio's picture
December 12, 2018 at 1:31pm
77 Comments

Big disclaimer: I think Ryan Day is going to be tremendous. I love him. This is purely hypothetical. So I've been arguing with one of my TTUN buddies this morning. He's a big time Harbaugh apologist. My contention is that Ryan Day, or ANY coach for that matter, would not be given a 5th season at Ohio State if he had put up 4 division title-less seasons with an 0-4 record against Michigan. I was even toying with saying Day would not be given a 4th season with Harbaugh's exact track record vs rivals, big games going into year 4 but I landed on that he would not get a 5th. 

What do you think Ohio State's tolerance for failure would be? I mean the administration's tolerance, not the fanbase's. We all know there will be some fans calling for his firing if we don't convert our first series for a TD next season lol. But in all seriousness, if Ryan Day were to perform exactly like Jim Harbaugh vs rivals, and without winning the East, at what point hypothetically do you think Ohio State would pull the plug?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 77 Comments