Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

I Feel Like the Ryan Day Hire Isn't Too Different Than Bringing WWH in - Not Sure WWH Came in with a Huge Dislike for TTUN

+1 HS
RCRoy45's picture
December 5, 2018 at 10:10am
24 Comments

obviously comparing two very different times... but stay with me for a second...  

When WWH was hired he was not a hot commodity and not nearly the first choice... and most thought Paul Brown was the simple hire for OSU...  but WWH (though he was a coach for Miami(OH)... he was very young.. and it's a huge jump from Oxford to Columbus.  I also don't believe that WWH came into the position with the huge dislike for TTUN..  I feel that grew over time and didn't take too long for him to develop his intense dislike for them...  

My point is this.. Ryan Day (though not being nearly as emotional as WWH - is a pretty intense emotional guy... he's the right guy for the job.. and he can and will handle TTUN...

Hiring an UM3 is really a one time bit of fortune for a program like Ohio State (look at Louisville and Jeff Brohm) and I think given the new landscape of college football... and the success of Dabo and Lincoln and Kirby...  this was the best decision to keep the program humming along.... 

My only fear is that we may see Matt Campbell in the B1G before too long and he will be a superstar wherever he ends up.... but still Ryan Day was the best choice and my gut says he will be a star and bring the heat vs. TTUN... love that the door is still open for UM3 to be around the program too

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 24 Comments