Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Theory About Harbaugh/Green Bay/Day/TTUN/Ohio State/Meyer

+6 HS
BuckeyeInOrlando's picture
December 4, 2018 at 5:03pm
68 Comments

Last night, I saw something on social media about the Packers having interest in Jim Harbaugh for their coaching vacancy. I know Harbaugh is mentioned nearly every offseason in NFL coaching rumors, but I don't think he'd voluntarily leave his alma mater for just any NFL job at this point. Green Bay isn't any job. A quick google search revealed a lot of articles about the matter, but nothing really concrete. Still, in my opinion, this seemed like exactly the kind of job Harbaugh may go back to the NFL for... especially considering the result of this year's rendition of The Game.

Then my mind went to a dark, dark place
Question: What's every Buckeye fan's biggest fear when the wolverines are looking for a new coach?
Answer: That they find and hire a good coach that will compete with, or even beat Ohio State. I'll take 50 years of Rich Rod with the wrong personnel, please! 
Question: Where does that school up north get their best players and coaches?
Answer: Players... Ohio. Coaches... Ohio State.
Question: What Ohio State coach would those bums potentially come after?
Answer: Ryan Day. It would be Woody and Bo all over again. I truly believe that Ryan Day loves being a Buckeye, but I also truly believe that he would have taken a head coaching job elsewhere if it was the right opportunity. Losing Ryan Day would suck. Losing Ryan Day to those guys... Gene couldn't allow it. Urban couldn't allow it.

I believe that Urban Meyer loves Ohio State so much, that he looked at himself in the mirror last night and yelled "Don't Let That Team Stand In The Way!" and decided to step away a year earlier than he originally planned. Why? That team was coming for Ohio State's future. That team was coming for everything Urban had built. That team was coming for Ryan Day.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 68 Comments