Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Some Observations, and a Question:

+8 HS
hnyg8modonwelfare's picture
November 10, 2018 at 5:22pm
30 Comments
  • We're still running the zone read with Haskins which is killing the run game.  The opposing defense zeroes in on the RB, and with the delay, it is killing us.  The zone read only works if the QB is a threat to run.  Solution:  Can we just hand it off play action style?  The RB is disadvantaged when Haskins is the QB.
  • When the Zone Read works:   I love the idea of using Tate Martell more in situations.  I am huge Dwayne Haskins fan, and could not be more appreciative that OSU now has a stud passer.  That said, Haskins remains the starter, but bring in Martell for some red zone and certain short yardage situations.  We'd be a nightmare for opposing defensive coordinators.
  • Center is hurting the OL.  Michael Jordan is an All-American Guard but he's struggling at Center.  I was hoping we'd get Brady Taylor back by now.  Is there an update on Taylor?  I've been out of the loop so apologize in advance if I missed it.

Overall, I'd say this game gives a little momentum and there was some improvement.  We capitalized off of MSU's mistakes mostly, but there was still some improvement with the D specifically.

Need to keep finding ways to win going forward, and I hope we make the listed adjustments.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 30 Comments