Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Use the RB in the Pass Game (alt. Title: Where Are the Screens and Wheel Routes?

+2 HS
ShawneeBuck74's picture
November 5, 2018 at 8:26am
35 Comments

As a son of Ohio and a Kansas City resident Chiefs fan, I really looked forward to watching the Chiefs play the Browns... in large part because of the Mahomes/Mayfield matchup.

The game did not disappoint in terms of offensive creativity. While I'm happy to see us run the freakin' ball & eliminate most of the RPOs that weren't working for us, I surely hope Urban/Day/Wilson watched that game. Look at how the Browns/Chiefs use the RB in the passing game!  

The Chiefs have been massively successful all year making Kareem Hunt a passing game threat. 

NOTE: earlier in the season we used more screens to the RB or the wheel-route.  Heck, without it we don't beat Penn State. But...it switched. WHERE'd they go?

EDIT: Sorry, the lame NFL rules won't allow me to post highlight plays. You'll have to go to Youtube. The full highlights of the game around about 10 minutes long. But there are two excellent screen passes the Chiefs used and two direct passes to the RB that the Browns used.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 35 Comments