Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Anyone Feel Better After Today?

+13 HS
gbgasser's picture
November 3, 2018 at 9:18pm
171 Comments

I was one of the first last week to jump on the Nebraska train commenting that we would probably win but not feel better (almost nailed final score) but I have to say I actually do feel better.  Let me say why

Yes this team had a bye week but it was anything but restful for the guys. I’m sure they heard all the rumblings and discontent in the fan base and I’m sure coaches were especially on edge. Not the best situation to just play hard and let it flow. Playing while thinking is hard and same applies to coaching.  Questioning yourself and trying for perfection isn’t easy but these guys did win and they did it with some physicality down the stretch.

Nebraska was much better than 2-6.  A lot of weapons and playing with nothing to lose. We gave them the breaks they needed but we held up. I think we made a baby step in right direction    Win a slobber knocker in East Lansing next week, take care of 1 dimensional Maryland on the road and we set up a home game against a roaring hot top 4 or 5 Michigan team.  I’ll say now that I think we will play our best game of the year against  TTUN.  Will it be enough?  Maybe maybe not but I still think our ceiling equals or exceeds Michigan’s. For some reason this team cannot play to potential yet.  

Mildly improved outlook from me

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 171 Comments