Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

It's Halloween: What is Your Secret Fear About the Buckeye Program?

+5 HS
rockyincbus's picture
October 30, 2018 at 7:00pm
52 Comments

It’s Halloween time, Buckeye Nation. It is the time of year to indulge our deepest fears.  What is the one thing – the thing you don’t even dare talk about – that fills you with dread when it comes to our beloved football program?

I’ll go first. My unspoken demon, the one that needs a young priest and an old priest to shout Latin and sprinkle holy water on, comes to me whenever I see anything about the University of Florida.  It reminds me that our coach used to be their coach and tries to tell me that horror is coming our way.

There are so many eerie parallels between this Buckeye program and the one Coach Meyer left behind down there in 2010.  The Gators went 8-5 (the horror!) his last year.  When he left, it was 7-6 (* bed starts shaking), then 11-2 (Mother I think it has stopped) and then 4-8 (Get out unclean spirit!)

Too many parallels, so it haunts me:

1.) Talk of whether Urban will stay or go.
2.) The rise of an evil conference superpower (Saban then/Harbaugh now)
3.) The uncomfortable switch from a zone-read running QB to a statuesque drop-back guy. (Big difference: our guy is a phenom)
4.) Festering wounds from the loss of too many great assistant coaches (Mullen and Strong/ Coombs, Fickell, Ash, Herman)

I could go on but I won’t. It takes me to a far-too-dark place.  So I will stay quiet on this from here on out, believing we have the right coach in place to exorcise this demon and make things right.

So what’s your secret fear?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 52 Comments