Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Open Thread on Mgoblog During Ohio State Game

+50 HS
Buckeye_Wizard's picture
October 2, 2018 at 4:25pm
145 Comments

A game recap using the words of others sounded like a fun idea. Thought I would give it a try.

*Update - I do not read the in-game threads on this site...very disturbing. Just thought it would be fun tell the story of the game using words written by the fans of our rivals. 

Here is the link if you would like to read the comments from TSUN fans yourself. 

https://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/psu-osu-open-thread?sort_by=thread&items_per_page=50&page=1

MacMarauder -September 29th, 2018 at 8:22 PM 

If we had curb stomped NW I would be way more interested in this game.  After that stress I might pass and watch something on Amazon Prime.

CoverZero - September 29th, 2018 at 8:56 PM 

Haskins is Slow.  We are going to kill him with our pass rush.

1of12MattDamons - September 29th, 2018 at 9:13 PM

God OSU is lucky. Go down 13-0 and you just know some crazy turnover is going to happen before they punch it in a few plays later.

WolverineHistorian - September 29th, 2018 at 9:15 PM

This is what I was talking about earlier about how often the asshole teams get rewarded gifts. 

PSU loses a fumble at their own 20.  Might as well have handed OSU the ball on silver platter.

Why do teams never lose fumbles against us? 

WolverineHistorian - September 29th, 2018 at 10:08 PM ^

I don't know how much more my stomach can take of this one.  Normally, I LOVE any Penn State loss.  But OSU will win and Herbie will have another 10 orgasms before the night is over. 

Plus all the very fortunate bounces and that fumble at the 20 yard line going OSU's way...it's like watching a millionaire win the lottery.  It's sickening.

UMxWolverines - September 29th, 2018 at 10:09 PM ^

God this shit is frustrating. I don't really see it at the moment, but in theory we can still win the division obviously. But even if we somehow managed to get by the rest of our schedule, we probably end up like those Tennessee teams of the 90s against Florida...top five good but just not good enough to beat your divison rival costing you everything. OSU is just too good. 

maizeandsmeef - September 29th, 2018 at 10:43 PM

it might take Harbaugh 20 years to beat OSU twice

franklin is gonna do it in 3 years 

SMFH - we are so far away from relevancy it hurts 

PSU was basically left for dead after Sandusky. And yet, here they are. 

Michigan is the leaders and best, champions of the moral victory and kings of mediocrity 

FLwolvfan22 - September 29th, 2018 at 10:55 PM ^

Okay, qb run plays work against the Buckeyes, noted. Time to beat these guys in November the same way they've beaten us forever.

maize-blue - September 29th, 2018 at 10:58 PM ^

Thats game.

Unless OSU scores in a couple of minutes.

Mr.Jim - September 29th, 2018 at 10:59 PM ^

PSU 26 - OSU 14

Good night Buckeyes. This makes me happy.

freelion - September 29th, 2018 at 11:04 PM ^

Luckeyes strike again. They always get breaks when they need it

WolverineHistorian - September 29th, 2018 at 11:15 PM 

So, are we going to even pretend to be surprised when OSU scores the game winning TD here?

ckersh74 -September 29th, 2018 at 11:18 PM 

OSU is going to win this fucking thing. 

UMxWolverines - September 29th, 2018 at 11:19 PM 

Just too much talent, man. I thought it was bad when Tressel managed to outscheme most teams with pretty good talent, but now they're not even that well coached, they just out-athlete everyone. 

B-Nut-GoBlue - September 29th, 2018 at 11:20 PM

Fuckkkkkk....of course Ohio St. Can't go quietly

1of12MattDamons - September 29th, 2018 at 11:21 PM ^

Hahahahaha classic case of a team choking against OSU. Damn it's annoying.

Ghost of Fritz… - September 29th, 2018 at 11:22 PM

Giving up a to score lead against OSU late in the 4th.  Where have I seen that before?

maizeandsmeef - September 29th, 2018 at 11:25 PM

Can someone with a much brighter and more enlightened football mind help me understand what PSU and OSU do on offense that is so vastly different than what we do? 

Their plays are so much quicker, rarely lose yards, seem completely varied and catch defenses off guard. 

Meanwhile, we run into stacked boxes play after play after play.  

The eye tests are staggering to me.

why do we decide to run the offense we run, while there is ample evidence it doesn’t work, while PSU/OSU are running these lights out offenses? 

Our offense is barely watchable while I hate both of these teams but I can’t take my eyes off their offenses

uminks - September 29th, 2018 at 11:29 PM

PSU will probably blow this game. Pathetic, I wish both these teams could lose but I hate how OSU gets all these lucky late plays.

ih8losing - September 29th, 2018 at 11:31 PM

Yep, they just fucking win. I hate them so much but respect the hell out of that team for how they just keep winning

M-Dog - September 29th, 2018 at 11:32 PM ^

As always, the Big Ten Championship goes through Columbus.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 145 Comments