Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Oregon State: Tressel’s Least Favorite Play

+15 HS
Noahkat's picture
September 7, 2018 at 10:04am
33 Comments

[edit 2 - yesss! They brought it back! Victory!! Thanks 11W]

[edit-Explaination: 11W included a section on the Debrief Article of each game called “Tressel’s Least Favorite Play” - it was always absurd in the format below and highlighted the suspected quirkiness of Jim and his wife Ellen. I loved it but unfortunately they didn’t include it in the debrief for Oregon State, so I wrote one below. I hope they continue the tradition after the Rutgers game. Thanks for the great comments!]

I look forward to Tressel’s least favorite play after each game; I really need that insight into his world to add closure to my week. Here is my best attempt:

Tressel has always had a passion for Ohio’s Native American heritage. knowing this game would be a blow-out, he decided he would focus some attention sorting and cataloging his extensive collection of Chippewa arrowheads.  Deeply engrossed in the minutiae, Jim paused only briefly to see his favorite player Drue Chrisman slam a 65 yarder deep into Oregon State territory. Jim marveled as the ball drifted aloft for what seemed like days, as a single tear slid  down his cheek. “Good.. good...” he thought. All was right in the world, and he again focused on the neatly arranged stones before him. Later in the quarter Ellen walked in with a glass of her prized sun-steeped sweet tea. Jim was ready for a relaxing half time sipping tea and discussing Chippewa history with Ellen in the study. While reaching up to accept the glass from his loving wife, Jim noticed Jermar Jefferson break free for a 31 yard run to the Ohio State 7. Jim threw up his hands in frustration, spilling his sweet tea all over the hand carved display case for his Chippewa arrowheads.  He would spend the rain delayed halftime meticulously hand drying each arrowhead and muttering something about angles and positioning under his breath.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 33 Comments