Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

System for Stickers on OSU Helmets

+4 HS
JTFor President2016's picture
December 14, 2017 at 2:36pm
36 Comments

When I was younger, I paid close attention to helmet stickers. Being young, this was really how I evaluated a player's season. But as I've gotten older, the aura of the Buckeye Leaf Stickers has kinda worn off, especially with so many teams using them now. 

My question is, do Urban and his staff follow the same system that Tressel used? When Tressel was a coach, there was a publicized chart showing how Stickers were earned. The only stickers that didn't follow a certain "rule", were for making a "big play", which was determined by the staff. I just didn't know if anyone knew if Urban does the same thing. 

Here is a link to Tressel's criteria.

http://buckeyefansonly.com/buckeyeleafcriteria.html

In the same breath, I was also wondering if anyone knew how the players reacted to earning a sticker. From surfing the web, I found where several players under Tressel said that they always knew how many stickers they had, and would compete with each other to try and get the most. Curious if this is still the case. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 36 Comments