Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU Vs. Illinois - Actual Results May Vary

+15 HS
Large Father's picture
November 16, 2017 at 9:40pm
11 Comments

Tressels, Fickells and Urbans,

Some sports are essentially paint by number...

In the NBA, everyone is pushing seven feet tall and hit seemingly every shot.  Star players combine like kids picking unfair matchups on the school playground to create super teams with a 2 to 3 year life cycle.  The only semi-intriguing games are played in June.    

In the NFL, players are 6'5" 250 pounds and run 40 yards in under 5 seconds...they are trained, precise machines...sort of like Drago in Rocky IV but without the Russian accent and not-so-subtle Cold War symbolism.  NFL betting lines are typically fairly predictive of the final outcome.  Unfortunately, the Browns always fulfill their predicted outcome.

...but College Football is different.  We have no idea what are going to get from week-to-week. Any College Football discussion should be legally required to disclaim: actual results may vary.    

After riding the Ohio State football roller coaster the last three weeks, I'm going to stop trying to guess which Ohio State team will show up each game.  Will it be the Ohio State team that mounted one of the biggest comeback victories in recent memory?  Will it be the Ohio State team that dominated a green-and-white clad nemesis last weekend and looked unstoppable?  Or, will it be the Ohio State team that made my youngest son cry tears of disappointment?    

...instead, I'll just focus on enjoying the moments when the good, easy-to-root-for Ohio State team takes the field....and just hang in there if the other team arrives.  

All we can do is cheer like crazy for the Buckeyes to win! 

...and that's exactly what we are going to do. 

Touchdowns:  Dobbins, Dobbins, Dixon, Weber, JT, Austin Mack, Bin Victor, Berry, Bosa

OSU 63 Illinois 10

Go Bucks!  Beat Illinois!  BB Landers for Heisman!

Large Father

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 11 Comments