Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Illinois Skull Session - NEED TIPS!

0 HS
OurHonorDefend09's picture
November 16, 2017 at 11:38am
15 Comments

Hi everyone,

My cousin is bringing his 7 year old down for his first Buckeye game this weekend. Normally, we'd be drinking beers repeatedly prior to game time; however, this weekend is now focused on kid oriented activities so I figured we could take his son to the Skull Session.

As an alumni, I am ashamed to admit I've never actually been to one before so I'm looking for tips.

It looks like it starts at 1:10pm, so based off prior Skull Session request threads (I checked), it sounds like 12:30-12:45pm would be a proper time to arrive. A few follow-up questions based off this info:

• Does this time frame still hold true or should we arrive sooner?
  • I was planning on having them park somewhere by the Schott and taking them to Canes before the Skull Session. Where specifically should we be trying to park and is there a certain time these lots get busy for a 3:30pm game?
  • How long do the skull sessions last? I was going to try and show them a bit of campus before the game, but I'm not sure how much time we'll have
  • I don't have much history hanging out with little kids on game day. Are there any other kid friendly activities I should be trying to knock out?

Thanks in advance! Go Bucks!

EDIT: I think my game plan is to get up and park somewhere on Olentangy around 11ish, grab Canes near the Kroger up there, then walk around Campus + Lane Ave. tailgate festivities before the Skull Session. Hoping to show them Thompson and/or Mirror Lake if we get any extra time in between that and game time.

Great responses, thanks for the help everyone!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 15 Comments