Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Why Are Fans on 11W So Negative Towards Fans With Hope?

+29 HS
NeemOSU's picture
November 10, 2017 at 7:14pm
76 Comments

With the loss to Iowa, many fans on here (including myself) looked for alternative ways to get into the playoff. We were met with instant negativity, labeled as homers for presenting a scenario which, quite frankly, isn't far fetched at all. "What are you smoking?" "It's not happening, deal with it"

I saw this comment a lot: "Focus on the games in front of you" or some variation of living in the moment. That's all fine for the players, but why must fans be forced to think the same? I understand that the loss was embarrassing, and lots of you would not want to go to save face (which doesn't make sense because you don't know what would happen) but is it so bad that some of us want to take a shot on a slim chance?

I think my biggest gripe is that we forget this is College Football. ANYTHING GOES. Upsets happen. Florida State rolled into a playoff with a top defense and got boat raced in Pasadena. Baker Mayfield threw for 600+ yards just to get by. Last year we almost beat a team by 70, and beat two teams by 59 (One of them ranked in the top 10). Sometimes the better team gets smacked, and that's okay. The point is, a small chance exists for the Buckeyes to win it all. Because you don't want to believe in it doesn't mean you have to come for us that do.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 76 Comments