Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

A Two Loss Team Could Make The Playoff

+3 HS
NeemOSU's picture
November 6, 2017 at 7:21pm
97 Comments

I know many of you don’t want to even hear this after what happened Saturday, but I will gladly take downvotes to voice this. This may be the year a 2-loss team cracks the top 4, and it’s really not hard to see why.

There are only 9 teams left that are undefeated or 1 loss. The PAC-12 seems to be the conference that’s eliminated from contention. Here’s some scenarios for each of the teams. Keep in mind that the committee may HEAVILY favor conference champions to avoid a non champion in the group of 4.

Alabama/Georgia meet in SEC championship. Whoever loses drops out of top 4 (most likely Georgia)

Notre Dame hangs by a thread. With no conference championship game, they miss out to add to resume, and it’s very likely they drop out because of that 

Clemson has to face Miami in ACC championship and from what I’ve seen of Miami they aren’t a lock to be undefeated. A Miami champion won’t make it, schedule is weak. Clemson wins and locks a spot.

Oklahoma has to play TCU and probably OKState AGAIN to win the B12. They will lose one of those. 

Wisky is undefeated, but a loss to the Buckeyes kills their hope. Simple as that.

Its a slim chance, sure, and the Bucks have ALOT to fix before they have a chance. But with this scenario folding out, it all depends where the bucks are placed. If they stay within top 15, they might grab a spot, adding 3 ranked wins along the way (Michigan will sneak back into the Top 25). 2 loss Conference champion with 4 top 25 wins and losses to ranked opponents (Iowa will be ranked after this) could pave the way into......#4. And we know what happened last time we were 4.

Keep Faith and Go Bucks

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 97 Comments