Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Silver Blanks

-4 HS
O-H-I-Owe-U's picture
November 5, 2017 at 11:11pm
28 Comments

What we witnessed Saturday was about as far away from a vaunted Silver Bullet defense as I hope to ever see. There is plenty of responsibility to go around, but the linebacker play was about the worst I can remember.

To me, great Buckeye defenses always begin with the linebacker play. Our starters did not show the heart and commitment to being a physical force every single play. (For inspiration, look back at some game film of Lee, Shazier, Spielman, etc.)

Personally, I think the fact the our defense practices so much against our own read-option offense really hurts us against teams that run traditional power and pro style sets. This partly explains to me why our guys get lost. This really hurts guys like Baker who does not seem to have great linebacker instincts in the first place. 

Guess we'll see what kind of plan Urban, Schiano and Billy Davis can come up to correct this, because, it's November. Time to nut up, Buckeyes.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 28 Comments