Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Anyone Else Reduced to Simply Laughing?

+28 HS
Earthoid.'s picture
November 5, 2017 at 9:30am
84 Comments

I love my Buckeyes. At points my emotional attachment to Saturday's result would drive my entire next week. That's unhealthy but I think it has a lot to do with where you are on life as well. I've made a concerted effort to de-attach from that and have but I still can't and never have been able to turn a game off.

Yesterday was the first time I wasn't mad about losing. Maybe cuz it is Iowa and it's impossible to be mad seeing them win. They have that heart that used to be easily recognizable in a Buckeye team back when the shoulderpads were still 5 levels high. Maybe it was the total destruction of a team filled with NFL talent. Or maybe I just don't care as much about the game to game result anymore. The latter I think is a result of becoming used to the possibility of inexplicable losses. I mean it's a bit ironic that one of the rare times Tressel lost like UFM has, it was to UFM, himself.

But seeing Iowa literally destroy us on every level, IOWA... I just had to laugh. I couldn't bring myself to be mad about it. It was mind boggling at first and i was sure we'd come back at half, but then I realized that holy shit Iowa is kicking our ass... and that to me, was fucking hilarious.

But the fact that a line with two freshmen o linemen dominated the supposed best D line in CFB, tells me that Oklahoma was no fluke. And that perhaps Penn State was vastly over ranked (lololol). Among other things here are some hot takes:

- I wouldn't trade urban Meyer for Nick Saban let alone any other head coach
- The bi-polar attitude about JTB is awesome to see. From statues to the garbage in a week. I still think JT is the best thing about this team and represents what it is to be a Buckeye more than any of the other run to the nfl types that fill the roster these days.
- #FIREIOWA or hug them into submission, whatever works.
- WTF, lol... what the entire fuck.

Congrats Iowa... Go Bucks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 84 Comments