Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

A Jinx by Purchasing Big Ten Title Game Tickets Ahead of Time

0 HS
JTFor President2016's picture
October 30, 2017 at 10:31am
14 Comments

The day following the greatest day in recent memory, my dad, Grandpa, and I began discussing buying tickets to the BIG title game. There are still a couple thousand tickets left to the game, and the face value pricing of the tickets is chump change compared to watching a game at the Shoe. No doubt, with each passing week, more and more Buckeye fans, and Wiscy fans will be purchasing tickets. My only hesitation is 2014. I held out following the MSU game. I thought, "We have a sleeper game in Minnesota coming up, and I want to wait until that is over". So I did, and we later won that game. With IU and an average UM up next, I figured I'd be safe to buy the tickets. 

The following happens next. 

1) Trailing to IU in the third quarter. The panic is real. My tickets were to be a surprise to my dad. So he is still freaking out, but I am in a double-whammy situation, as the Title hopes are in the balance, and there is a chance that this early Xmas present is a waste. Nonetheless, Jalin Marshall saves the day, and I am relieved. 

2) UM is playing well early and hanging in the game. Before halftime, we take control and I feel good about our chances. And then the unthinkable happens. JT goes down, and all seems lost. Zeke, and out defense pull the game out for us, but I am still nauseous. We just lost our heisman finalist. I'm about to surprise my dad with tickets to go and watch our third-string QB, who by the way, hadn't impressed much during garbage time throughout the season, play against a stifling defense, with a heisman running back.

Looking back now, buying the tickets was one of the greatest decisions of my life. $60 to watch OSU steamroll Wiscy into the playoffs. But man oh man. The few weeks leading up to that game took at least 3 years off my life. 

So my fellow 11w's, is it worth it. Should I pull the trigger? I'm not so worried about eating the tickets, as Ebay exists for those dire situations. It is more of a jinx scare that is holding me back. Although, it did work out well in the end last time. 

P.S. For any of you that have not made the trip to Indy, I HIGHLY recommend it. It is an easy drive from Cbus, or anywhere in Ohio really. Before the game there is a huge pep rally sort of thing in a convention center that is connected to the stadium through an underground tunnel. There are several activities for kids, such as football games, trivia games, as well as a pregame band performance inside the center. In 2014, I'd say the fan ratio was probably 70% OSU to 30% Wiscy, as we sat on the West Division side, and were still surrounded with several OSU fans. However, it is still awesome to go to a neutral site game. And who can be 70 degree game-time weather in December? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 14 Comments