Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Might Urban's Eventual Successor Be a Current Assistant?

+1 HS
WeGotBeets's picture
October 29, 2017 at 8:35pm
25 Comments

Like me, it seems that Urban has a history of anxiety that may be harmful to his long-term health. I wouldn't blame him for calling it quits within a couple years, given the incredible pressure Ohio State fans put on him to win (second to none, really). Seeing as both Kevin Wilson and Greg Schiano have proven themselves capable of handling head coaching duties, is it possible either one could replace Urban when he decides to walk off into the sunset with his family? The mark of a exceptional leader isn't solely success in the present, but setting up an organization for future success. To me, Greg Schiano seems like a rather nice fit -- defensive-minded, smart, passionate, caring and driven. I know Urban's ending in Florida left Gators bitter, do you think he is planning for the future of osu football differently? Greg is in a great spot here. Why wouldn't he stay a few years in Columbus to eventually interview for the head coaching position? I hope he does. What do you all think?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 25 Comments