Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Don't Fire Urban Thread

+13 HS
MichiBuck12's picture
October 28, 2017 at 9:30pm
34 Comments

I just want to take this moment to point out that this is what can happen when your coach doesn't lose his shit after a bad call or calls or when things are going poorly. I think we all know the coach I'm taking a shot at here. The guy at that other school that goes apeshit and blames the refs. After that phantom pass interference that negated an INT and led to a TD, Urban kept his cool and so did the team. After the missed PI call that would have given us a first and goal, some coaches would have thrown their note cards all over the field. After the INT was reviewed, and despite a total lack of video evidence, was ruled a TD, some coaches would have ripped off their jackets or thrown their headsets, but Urban did not. As a result, the team kept fighting and they found a way to win it despite not getting the breaks. That is the difference between good coaches and great ones. Between bad breaks, dumb mistakes, and horrible special teams there were dozens of times throughout that game that this team could have lost focus and gave up, but they didn't. And Urban deserves a lot of credit for that.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 34 Comments