Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Ohio State Leads the FBS in Points Scored Through 7 Weeks

+4 HS
buckslan's picture
October 16, 2017 at 6:20pm
30 Comments

For all the talk about how bad the offense was/is, they lead the entire FBS in points scored this season with 331 points through 7 games. Alabama is second with 299 points in 7 games. I know what you're thinking, the schedule has been largely mediocre so far, but so has Alabama's schedule, and only one of the two has played a game against a team that's currently ranked (#9 Oklahoma).

Oklahoma State has scored 293 points, but in 6 games, so they are statistically the highest scoring offense in ppg at 48.8ppg (Ohio State is 2nd at 47.3ppg).  For comparisons sake, Ohio State averaged 39.4ppg last season, which is a full touchdown fewer, which doesn't sound like a lot but is. Oklahoma State would need to score 37 or fewer points next weekend for Ohio State to pass them in ppg at this juncture.

Some largely useless facts but I thought it was interesting and took me off guard a bit at how good the offense has been this year, given the reputation it had at the beginning of the season. We have a great offense people!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 30 Comments