Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Happy Birthday to the True 1984 Heisman Trophy Winner Keith Byars

+13 HS
BeatTTUN's picture
October 14, 2017 at 7:12am
42 Comments

I make absolutely zero apologies for my fondness for Keith Byars. In fact when the inevitable alien invasion occurs and we have to go Full Red Dawn on the alien invaders, you best believe when I'm flying around in my A 10 unleashing the BRRRRRRTTT gun on aliens my catch phrase while watching them explode will be "Keith Byars is the True 1984 Heisman Trophy winner!"

Keith Byars allows me to be perpetually 12 years old. If you can do math 1984-1972 equals 12. 1984 was another magical 9-3 season for the Buckeyes however the magic was made even more special by none other than #41 in your program #1 in BeatTTUN's heart.

In 1984 Keith Byars accumulated 2243 total offensive yards rushing (1764) and receiving (479). He struck up TBDBITL 24 times, 5 of those against Illinois and one of those was sans a shoe.

I was blessed enough to be in attendance for every Buckeyes home game in 1984 which provided me with the opportunity to witness Keith Byars being awesome. 3 of his 24 touchdowns were against TTUN. The Buckeyes did not lose at home in 1984 and were 7 points from being undefeated a 5 point loss at Purdue and 2 point loss at Wisconsin kept our beloved Buckeyes from being unblemished heading to Pasadena.

Thank you Keith Byars and Happy Birthday

If you have the time, please join me in wishing Keith Byars a Happy Birthday

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 42 Comments