Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Why Do High Profile Recruits Go to Programs Where They Have to Wait in Line to Play?

+3 HS
steve-OH's picture
October 7, 2017 at 10:24am
60 Comments

As a guy who has never played more than small school HS sports, I always wonder why kids choose to go to a program where they'll be buried on the depth chart, forced redshirt year, and possibly have to sit 2-3 years before playing.

I'm sure there's a multitude of answers here, but take for example Tate Martell, or a guy like Jonathan Cooper where we have so many DE studs, or the 5* QB who just signed with Georgia where they already have 2 5* guys in the QB room.

Why not go to another school where you could be the man from day 1 almost, or at least compete for playing time immediately. I'm not even saying going to a MAC school or something, there's plenty of power 5 schools that would give their right arm for the talent on our bench. With the internet now and almost every game available for watching somehow, it's not like you need to be at the top tier program to be noticed.

Interested to hear some of the thought processes in this. What do you guys think?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 60 Comments