Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Does Anybody Have a List of NCAA Football Rule Changes for This Year?

+6 HS
southernstatesbuckeye's picture
October 2, 2017 at 1:12pm
8 Comments

Haven't seen Time Traveler in some time, he'd just look in the Record Tablets and know the answer.  Last I heard, that old wormhole ship he drives had lost a whillyjinker, and he was stuck in some parallel world where intelligent cats raised humans for food.  He took me there once, and just to get his giggles, he sprayed me with catnip right as we jumped in, and so there I was...and, uh...

Ah, a story for another time and better told from the Traveler himself...

I'm wondering...

Anybody have a list of NCAA football rule changes for this year?

At 5:07 of the first quarter against Rutgers, Bosa is called for an offsides.  He does flex forward, but didn't appear to cross the line of scrimmage.  The offensive right end flinched and the play was blown dead.  The call was something like, "Offsides on the defense, number 97, moving, causing the offensive player to react."

1.  I thought the defensive player could do any moving at all as long as the line of scrimmage wasn't crossed.  No?

2.  I thought the play goes on, and the offense has a choice of taking the play or the penalty. (hence the term "free play")

I'm sure there's something I'm overlooking, but it made me think of what rule changes are active for this year.  

Of course, I could just be getting old and have crossed too many dimensional barriers, and simply getting confused because of the cell-level chaos of quantum phase shifting and the subsequent neurological deterioration...but, yeah, most likely the old thing.

This is an historic season comin up ya'll.  

[MOD Edit: Please try to use a more descriptive title. Your bolded line above is perfect.]

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 8 Comments