Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

I Miss This...(An Ode to Ohio State and the College Football Season)

+5 HS
My Dad Is A Wolverine But I'm A Buckeye's picture
September 27, 2017 at 3:05pm
43 Comments

I've been pondering lately about how much I miss just straight up enjoying football. Most of my time spent following the team is consumed by thoughts of "If only this didn't happen or if only that player was on the field..." In 2014, each game was a joy to watch. While I was always nervous, the simple enjoyment was still there. I don't know if it is a function of my generation expecting everything to come at once, but I wish I could go back to the days where I just straight up enjoyed Buckeye Football and wasn't constantly overanalyzing or pissed off because we don't compete year in and year out like Alabama. Of course, this is all mental and I could totally change my viewpoints with the correct reformation of thought process. I wanted to pose the idea to my fellow posters and ask them how they enjoy Buckeye Football without succumbing too much to anger/expectations/disappointment. The Bucks are only here for 12 weeks a year and they're so special to all of us. I want to make them special for me again instead of taking them for granted. Thanks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 43 Comments