Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

(Updated) Barrett on Pace for 4061/851/46 and 1.8 Season

+16 HS
Northern Nevada Buck's picture
September 24, 2017 at 2:46pm
126 Comments

******Stats updated after 8 games. If OSU plays 15 games - Barrett throws for 4061, runs for 851 (That's 4912 yards in total offense) throws 46 TDs, runs for 10 - that's 56 TDs responsible for, and has just 1.8 INTs.

This would be the greatest season in the history of OSU as well as the Big 10....and one of the best ever nationally for a dual-threat QB.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guess what I'm saying is that when this season is all said and done, JT will have OSU and BIG 10 records that no one will surpass in my lifetime and will have lead OSU to 40 or more wins and it would have been more like 45+ if he'd not been regulated to the 2nd team for the first half of the screwed-up 2015 season.

My biggest beef with the criticism of JT is that some treat him like he's closer to Stanley Jackson than Troy Smith. Neither Haskins or Burrow are Joe Germaine Part II (yet) and Cardale Jones, without Devin Smith and Evan Spencer, wasn't either. (Loved CJ too)

The wizardry Barrett has bewitched Michigan with for three years (as well as Smith; Pryor and Miller)  alone -  makes me feel pretty good about Barrett overall, while being just as optimistic about the future with Haskins; Burrow and Martell. 

You don't have to project well as an NFL QB (Tebow/Vince Young) to be a championship college QB. 

OSU has almost always had the dual-threat QB in my time as an OSU fan from Kern to Barrett - and so was Jones and so are Haskins; Burrow and Martel. 

This miraculous run from 2001 through 2016 with Tressel and Meyer has been tremendous. I - for one - am enjoying it, because I lived through 1980 to 2000 - 20 years of (often) crap QB play. (Germaine and Hoying are exceptions) . Even Art Schlichter's career completion % was 52% and his QBR was 126. 

Go Bucks. And for the haters - just think - you only have 5 to 7 more games to piss on JT until you get to piss on Haskins while pining for Burrow and/or Martell or pissing on Burrow while pining for Haskins or bitching about Martell while calling for Burrow and Haskins. (Or Emory Jones :-)

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 126 Comments