Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Is Urban Meyer Too Obsessed with WR Blocking or Size?

+14 HS
ShawneeBuck74's picture
September 23, 2017 at 9:29pm
105 Comments

This is something we've talked about for awhile around here. But with CJ Saunder's play...I think he's earned more PT. I know it was UNLV but that guy goes hard, runs good routes, and catches the ball with his hands, not his body. 

When asked about him after the game, Urban said -- “He’s actually a good player. Just not very big. Saunders needs to be more than a hood ornament, which means he needs to be able to block and he’s not big enough for that."

With all the drops and body catches we've seen - plus all the talk about how great a blocker so-and-so is (pick one from each year) - I just can't help but wondering if measurables or blocking are more important than performance.  

There've been some good small receivers in CFB and the NFL that have made their teams better because they know how to do the things CJ Saunders knows how to do: play hard, good routes, and catching the ball with the hands. 

Thoughts?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 105 Comments