Bovada released their latest Heisman odds with a new frontrunner in Baker Mayfield, but looks like JK Dobbins's national hype is starting to roll a little:
- Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma: 7/4
- Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville: 11/2
- Sam Darnold, QB, USC: 11/2
- Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State: 9/1
- Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State: 9/1
- Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon: 25/1
- Jalen Hurts, QB, Alabama: 25/1
- Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA: 25/1
- Royce Freeman, RB, Oregon: 25/1
- J.K. Dobbins, RB, Ohio State: 40/1
In such a strong QB year, Dobbins will probably have to break 2000-2300+ yards at a minimum to be a serious contender, but still nice to see him get some recognition this early. It'll be especially hard to reach such gaudy numbers if Weber comes back at full strength here soon, and they start splitting carries.
Super excited to see the potential of that 1-2 punch at RB though. Hopefully it will be an upgraded version of Dan "Boom" Herron and Brandon "Zoom" Saine from 2009-2010.