Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Dobbins to go over 2000 yards?

+8 HS
BlockO's picture
September 19, 2017 at 12:20pm
50 Comments

The freshman phenom running back is averaging 7.7 yards/carry this season. To put this in perspective: Only Ezekiel Elliott in his freshman campaign averaged more yards/carry than Dobbins at 8.7 yards. However, Elliott only saw limited action that season and finished with 30 carries. If Dobbins were to finish the season at this torrid pace, I don't think it is a stretch to say that we may be witnessing the coming out party for a running back who has all of the tools to be the greatest ball carrier in Ohio State history. Because I see Ohio State winning it all this season, I believe he will accomplish the 2000 yard mark fairly easily. If Dobbins were to continue his stellar yards/game average at 142 yards for 12 more games, he would amass 2,125 yards. Sadly, as long as Dobbins keeps up his production, I don't see Weber taking a substantial amount of carries. Here's to a wonderful season ahead.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 50 Comments