Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Tim Tebow/Chris Leak model for Ohio State?

+4 HS
KINGBUCKEYE419's picture
September 17, 2017 at 8:16am
82 Comments

I hate to do this. But there are a lot of people on the Dwayne Haskins train, and I have to admit he looked good last night albeit in mop-up duty against the 2's. Regardless of that let's say that Haskins brings something to the offense that Barrett doesn't. Let's say Haskins can stretch the field vertically and is a much better passer than Barrett just for argument's sake. There are two samples we have JT/Cardale and Chris Leak/Tebow. The Cardale/Barrett pairing didn't work. Some may say that's because Tom Herman left. The other pairing did okay in Florida. 

With Barrett being a tremendous leader and respected person on the team similar to Leak's role in Florida. And Haskins being a contrast in play style as was Tebow. Could we bring that same dynamic into our offense? I know Dale/Barrett didn't work out, but along with Herman being gone, I'd also point out that they were younger and it was staged as a competition whereas now there is no competition but instead two players that bring a different dynamic to the offense. That is if Haskins is as good as many believe he is. Thoughts? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 82 Comments