Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

(My) Thoughts.....(on Ohio State so far, by BoohbahBuckeye)

+8 HS
BoohBah Buckeye's picture
September 14, 2017 at 12:31pm
27 Comments

As a former coach I found out a lot about my team when the team played a strong and capable team.  

Some thoughts came to mind after watching the first two games of the season.

* Weaknesses on both the secondary and wide receivers were evident.  That is a double whammy isn't it?  Practice helps forge the quality of the players many times.  When both sides of the practice squad are weak then neither side gets the practice quality needed to  truly get to the level of excellence desired.  We seem to have this hear and playing other teams may give us what we need to progress but that could be frustrating to the fans.

*Oklahoma lost their head coach from last year and I thought that might be an advantage.  We gained two head coaches to replace our lost coaches one on defense and the other on offense.  Asking these coaches to be excellent out of the box on your two first games where the opposing teams had a lot of experienced players coming back may have been too much to ask from them.  I'm giving them a lot of time before evaluating them.

*How many completions by JT Barrett were to stationary receivers----in other words he threw to a spot.  I suspect in zone coverage that might occur more often than in man coverage maybe.  If that is an accurate fact??? does that add to the conversation on JTB s throwing skills?  

*If Urban switches QBs now and JTB is on the pine, I suspect JTB, mentally, might not recover.  If that is the case, then if the gamble to play Barrow or Haskins does not work out you might be really hurting.  With JTB, I think, you know exactly what you have and with him OSU has a good chance to win the rest of the games in the season.  (Speight did not look all that great in his game btw, and we get PSU at home).

*MIA:  I sensed two players were missing in action in the Oklahoma game.  Those two are named "Hungry" and "Angry".  Not sure I saw much of them.  After the Virginia Tech game I saw those two rise up and take over.  We can hope can't we?

Your thoughts!?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 27 Comments