Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

LETS SUPPORT THIS TEAM

+23 HS
ashtabulassassin's picture
September 12, 2017 at 10:43pm
35 Comments

Ever since the Oklahoma loss Ohio State fans have lost their mind. And I understand. I was more shocked by anyone that Ohio State lost to Oklahoma. My prediction for the game was 60 - 0, and that wasn’t hyperbole. That was my honest prediction. Everyone that said on the forums it was going to be a close game I thought was crazy. At the half, I still predicted a comeback blowout win.

Why not? If I could pick any three coaches in the sport it would be Greg Schiano, Kevin Wilson, and Urban Meyer. I even named one of my kids after Urban. Lets think it through, you have a coach barely turning 34 with 1 game of experience going against the aforementioned with a loaded team. Last year we had the youngest team in FBS and smoked em. This year we expected a better team and many felt the coaching was upgraded.

So what happened. I’m not sure. Every Urban Meyer loss is mind boggling. He smoked Ohio State’s best team when he was coach of Florida, and has since gone on to own the Ohio State record books. He loses so infrequently we freak out when he loses to a top 5 team high on revenge early in the season after losing loads of talent to the NFL on the youngest team in the league.

What happened… fill in the blank… receivers, secondary, qb, coaching you name it. If you live and die on Eleven Warriors you’ve heard everything by now.

In the last 2 days a sampling of what I’ve heard the following:

Urban Meyer is washed up

Kevin Wilson needs to take full control over the offense

Zach Smith needs to be fired

Crazy comments about JT injury

Just give it to Dobbins on every play

Urban places more emphasis on leadership than talent

We need a new Offensive Coordinator

We can’t develop any talent

No way we’ll beat fill in the blank

We need to run on every play

Players are overcoached

Nothing ever gets fixed after a loss

Urban Meyer’s not gonna change anything, and his pride will be the downfall of this team

What game is Barrett game ready for

and on and on…

We could easily paste the 50 most negative comments we’ve ever heard about Ohio State and all came in the last two days.

But the dumbest comment I’ve heard is that Urban Meyer is an underachiever…. Really? The only coach to own more than 1 winning streak of 20 and he has 3. He has the best winning percentage of any D1 college football coach in .. 64 YEARS! that’s 64 years…. you have to go back to 1953 to Frank Leahy at Notre Dame to find a college football coach with a better career winning percentage. And his career hasn’t been in the WAC either the vast majority of his career came in the SEC when the SEC was at its best, and now in the Big Ten since it’s supplanted the SEC. At least 2 of his 3 National Titles came in years where is strength of schedule was ranked #1. His win record at Ohio State is better than Saban’s at Alabama. In addition to the 3 national titles he has two undefeated seasons where playing for the title wasn’t afforded.

So lets remember this… the Sky Has Fallen Before… following the VT loss in 2014 Ohio State had lost 3 out of 4. We all know how that season ended:

That:

Our players are going through hell for us

This is Ohio State:

And so lets not go quietly into the night as fans when it seems like the writing is on the wall:

SO LETS BE THE BEST FANS IN THE LAND AND ALWAYS HAVE OUR TEAM’S BACK IN ADVERSITY

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 35 Comments