Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Positives about the football team, heading into week #3

+8 HS
johnblairgobucks's picture
September 10, 2017 at 2:09pm
54 Comments

1-Game #3 is a very winnable game, at home

2. As unlikely as it feels, after a beat down at home, OSU can still win their division and Conference, we can  still beat Michigan.

3. strip this down to the basics and fundamentals. If this team can stay together (the lockeroom doesn't divide or have members let their effort level slip) they can get better and now play their toughest opponents from the under dog role.

4.  hype machines surrounding this program should all be turned off by now...... we can stop hearing about- the next round of defensive backs going to the NFL, JT as a potential Heisman candidate, getting the ball into the hands of our playmakers, Zone #6, Ohio State's team speed (Oklahoma looked faster, to me), importance of #1 recruiting classes, and having an NFL quality defensive line (Buckeyes are good, but I don't see greatness, yet)....... maybe the program can realize they should work to earn accolades, for a season, on the field and that to be anointed preseason I does nothing positive for 18-23 year old young men.

5. The passing attack will now be addressed....if the coaching staff can't figure things out, the fan base and media is going to hound on the issue....so if the staff doesn't want the stress from the scrutiny, they better find some answers.  16 points scored in the last 8 quarters against the Nation's top 5 programs, despite numerous turnovers forced by the Buckeye defense that put the offense in great position to get points.  If improvement or personnel changes aren't made, and things continue as they are, the program will hear rumblings from some of the 100,000 fans in the stadium.

anyone else have some positives, going into the game against Army?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 54 Comments