Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The Most Ignorant (Football) Statements or Questions You Have Ever Heard

+10 HS
TheCurtain_Guy's picture
September 8, 2017 at 2:14pm
123 Comments

I've been reading through multiple posts in the past week about the many good or great experiences 11W members have had with other fan bases... and some not so great ones. I love to hear stories where fans who, although they may share different rooting interests, can still enjoy each other's company, be humble in victory and gracious in defeat. Stories like that add to overall experience that is college football. 

However, I think we can all agree that throughout our time as Buckeye fans we have come across some incredibly ignorant individuals, whether they be opposing fans or our own. 

The one ignorant comment that will always stick out to me is my aunt's brother (not my uncle, she's my aunt through marriage not blood). Her and her family grew up TTUN fans and for most part understand there hasn't been much to talk smack about. However, her brother is one of those fans who you just love to hate, one of those guys who makes up stats and always falls back on the National Championships that TTUN claimed before dirt was invented. 

Anyways, leading up to the 2011 season, after the whole Tattoo-gate scandal had happened, he and I were having a conversation about the whole situation and the punishments involved. Obviously, I felt that the punishment didn't really fit the crime, especially considering that some programs *cough* The U *cough* had gotten away with far worse. He on the other hand felt that Ohio State should be stripped of all the wins and conference titles they had since Pryor and company had enrolled. 

As ignorant as that statement was, there was a worse one coming down the pipe. He went on to compare trading the rings and necklaces that the players had earned for tattoos was equivalent to taking performance enhancing drugs, it gave an unfair advantage to the Ohio State players. 

As an 18 year old... I of course had a smart-ass comment waiting as a rebuttal. I said "Tattoos didn't make Terrelle Pryor 6'6" 230 lbs and help him run a 4.4 40 because if they did, Michigan might want to look into that for its players". 

The sweet sound of silence and a confused look overcame him and that's the last time we have ever spoken on that subject. 

So, my fellow Buckeye enthusiasts, what are the most ignorant statements or questions you have ever heard or been asked regarding football?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 123 Comments