Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

WRs core needs more Attitude

+6 HS
gobucks544's picture
September 4, 2017 at 2:11pm
61 Comments

This may be just me but it seems that every great WR group OSU has ever had, had at least one WR diva or outspoken guy that thought he was the best.  These guys typically get scrutinized relentlessly if they don't produce but more than not they do.  For example, Michael Thomas also had  swagger and called out his teammates and came back and proved it. I can remember Santonio Holmes having that attitude as well that carried into the pros. I think this drives competition in the WR room and holds the QB accountable too. I think we have to many type B WRs the last 2 or 3 years that are not vocal enough. I think this stems from Urban rightfully trying to recruit more "reliable" kids but I think we're missing the guy that pisses everyone off the in room and dares them to get better out of spite.  Am I wrong about this? There doesn't seem to be the fire or competitiveness that there needs to be.  All of the best receivers I can think of had this quality. What do you think?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 61 Comments