Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Turning the page, Oklahoma awaits.

+5 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture
September 1, 2017 at 12:26pm
43 Comments

Well, we all lived through last night, and let's be honest, things ended up going very well all things considered.  They closed the game out strong, and ultimately that's what matters most.

Curious what everyone's sense is now that IU is in the rearview, and the focus of the team turns to Oklahoma? 

I'm thinking Oklahoma isn't going to worry that much about running the ball given that they're replacing Mixon and Perine, and our DL is just the nastiest bunch of customers since Billy the Kid and his gang of delinquents. 

I think they leave it to Mayfield to try and pick our secondary apart, they are replacing their best WR from last year, but Mayfield has been around forever, and they will have playmakers on the outside.  I do think we have the advantage in our DBs vs. their wide outs, but a good QB can make it very tricky, especially with a secondary still gelling.

On offense, we just have to start fast, pretty much the opposite of last night.  If Barrett can duplicate last year's results vs. OU, obviously we're looking good, but I think the gameplan will focus more on unleashing the two-headed monster of JK Weber, and making the defense commit to stopping the run.  OU will have a few beef eaters up the middle that may give us some trouble early on, but the OL should be stout enough to make room. 

OU will have a decent pass rush as well, but I honestly believe their secondary isn't going to be as good, or as physical as Indiana's, and I think our WRs should be able to find some space and make plays.

Pound the rock, loosen up the back end of the defense, hit those crossing routes, take it to the house.

What say you?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 43 Comments