Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Can Barrett Hit the Mark?

-6 HS
Urbanologist's picture
August 30, 2017 at 6:38pm
168 Comments

I feel like with Wilson there has been much talk that we are going to see a offensive attack that tries to spread the field more and create a legitimate down field threat. 

But in fairness to previous offenses,  we have tried this before early in the season, only to pull back any play a more conservative game. It seems rather obvious that Barrett's accuracy, or rather lack of, and/or conservative instincts became a liability causing the offense to play to its safer and more consistent strengths.

My question is: Is there anyone who has seen anything from Barrett that would lead them to believe that we are not going to see the same scenario this year. Meaning a continuation of Barretts long ball inaccuracies and reluctance to let it fly.

I ask because I would really like to have some reason to think that this years deep threat game will be different, but I can't help but believe that just like the last few seasons I will be disappointed. Barrett's accuracy and will to make the throw will be a key factor in wether we finally make this leap or not. Do you think it will happen ?? Why ?

UPDATE :  NOPE

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 168 Comments