Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Gameday Superstitions

+6 HS
Brohio's picture
August 29, 2017 at 11:25am
51 Comments

Do you guys have any weird superstitions on gamedays? I have a string of Buckeyes necklace that was given to me by a certain face-painted, bald asshole that won't be named here that buys cheap tickets, hustled his way to the front of the aisles and pushes kids out of the way so he can get noticed by the TV camera. I have to wear them. I wish they weren't lucky but they are. I also only drink Bud Light during games. I have a great Bourbon collection, a great knowledge of fine artisanal beers, but it has to be Bud Light for the games. I don't know how it started, but it has to be that way. Just be glad that I'm sacrificing my gastrointestinal tract for our boys' sake. Next, 5 years ago, my father gave my best friend, and relatively new Buckeye fan, a faded Pepe Pearson jersey and I need visual or text confirmation that he is wearing that jersey. 3 of the Meyer era losses have come when he wasn't wearing it. Now the next one is where I need all of your juju. I am 100% undefeated at my local Buckeye Bar in Hollywood. Have never watched a loss there since I moved to LA. 5 of the 6 losses have come when I was traveling. I was home, sick in bed for the 2014 VT loss. Most of my travel is in the summer months, but I have lost every single time I've traveled internationally during the season. Unfortunately I will be in Tokyo Oct 26-31 this year which happens to be the Penn State game. (I was in Amsterdam for last years loss to them) I need this cycle to be broken. Give me all your Buckeye witchcraft rituals and I promise I will do as many of them as I can to keep this from happening again. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 51 Comments