Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Where is Tressel's last staff now

+30 HS
jpfbucks01's picture
April 9, 2017 at 6:57pm
48 Comments

I decided to look up where each of the staff members from Tressel's last official game are today, It has been 6 years since he coached his last game and I was curious what happened to his last "game" staff. So I am not including Hazell's replacement Stan Drayton nor Mike Vrabel who was hired once Fickel was promoted but both of whom never coached a real game with Tressel.

Tressel's last official game was the Sugar Bowl against Arky.

Jim Heacock - was the DC and DL coach and he retired after the 2011 season. He served as a special assistant to Meyer a couple years ago but from what I can find he is now done.

Luke Fickell - Was the LB and CO-DC that game and as we all know is now the Head Coach of UC

Taver Johnson - He was the CB coach that game. Taver left OSU for Arky after the 2011 season. He was a DB coach there for 2 years before going to Purdue with Darrel Hazell (more on him in a minute), and was let go after this past season. He is now the DC for Temple starting this year

Paul Haynes - Was Safety Coach that game. Haynes would be elevated to Co-DC when Fickell became interim HC and continued to coach Safeties. He would leave at the end of the 2011 season and became DC and DB coach at Arky as well for 1 year and was briefly the interim HC in the off season. He was later hired to replace Darrel Hazell at Kent St as HC in 2013 which is his alma mater. He is on the hot seat though as he has not been very successful there finishing well under .500 each year.

Now to offense

Jim Bollman - was OC and OL coach that game. He left after the 2011 season and was hired by BC as their OL coach and run game coordinator for 1 year. He then briefly took to OC job at Purdue with Hazell before jumping to MSU within a month as their Co-OC and TE coach in 2013 where he remains to this day

Doc Tressel - was the RB coach that game. Doc left after the 2011 season and for at least 1 year became the OC for a D3 school in Minnesota named Carleton College. I am not sure if he was there for 1 or 2 years starting in 2012 but he appears to be retired now.

Darrel Hazell - Hazell was the WR and Asst HC that game. He would be hired as HC for Kent State immediately after the Sugar Bowl and was there 2 years before taking the job at Purdue where he struggled and was fired this past mid season. He was hired this off season as the WR coach for the Minnesota Vikings

John Peterson - Peterson was the TE coach and recruiting coordinator. He would also leave after the 2011 season. John is an OSU alum having played for Earle and Cooper. In 2012-13 he was to OL coach for UAB and was on their sideline when they played OSU. In 2014 he became OL coach and Asst HC for Akron, and in 2015 he became to OL coach for Pitt where he remains to this day.

And Finally

Nick Siciliano - Nick was the QB coach that game and he would also leave after the 2011 season. He would join the Bengals for 1 year as a "football assistant" but since Sept of 2014 he has been working as a Strategic Sourcing Manager for Cardinal Health here in Columbus.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 48 Comments