Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Tuesday Ramblings - Whoa Nelly

+10 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture
January 2, 2017 at 8:07am
108 Comments

Getting to listen to Kieth Jackson's voice during the Rose Bowl was pretty cool.  My most fond memory of him was obviously 14 years ago today when the Buckeyes from the banks of the Olentangy took on the mighty Hurricanes in the Fiesta Bowl.  We know how that game played out and we certainly remember Kieth's voice calling that magical game.  I miss hearing that guy call a game.  I miss scoring offensive touchdowns, too.

So we all watched the shit show that was the Fiesta Bowl on Saturday.  It was not what most Ohio State fans are accustomed to seeing.  Consider that the last time the Buckeyes were shut out it was 1993 against Michigan.  A lot of these people on the boards weren't even born yet.  So, yeah, we made history in the fucking worst way.  I didn't think Ohio State was definitely going to win the game, but I did think it would be close.  Who was I kidding?

So where did it go wrong?  I think the game was lost when the Bucks couldn't capitalize on a gift wrapped INT from Watson.  That was deflating and you could feel it while watching.  The bigger issue is why the Buckeyes were unable to capitalize.  For some stupid fucking reason, Ohio State tried to attack the edge against an extremely fast defense.  Whoever thought this was a good idea should be fired yesterday.  We get on Beck pretty hard but with the news coming out that he may be headed to Texas, maybe we jumped the gun on him.

The sources said during Beck's two years at Ohio State, when he was brought in by Urban Meyer as Herman's successor, Beck was never put in charge of the offense by Meyer the way Herman was from 2012-14.

The sources said Meyer changed play-calling duties between Beck and co-offensive coordinator Ed Warinner more than once during the 2015 season before settling on Warinner in 2016.

Hmm.  Methinks Mr. Warriner is outie.  And if he isn't, consider me pretty upset.  The offensive staff needs an overhaul and I think we can all agree on that.  When Mike Weber isn't getting a carry until the end of the second quarter, that's a fucking major issue. 

So what about JT?  Does he stay?  Does he transfer?  Do we want him to stay?  Personally, I'd like to see some competition for the job with the young guys.  I'll leave it at that.  And I do love JT Barrett and everything he's done for this program, but sometimes it's just time, you know?

Happy New Year to you all.  I'll be in Columbus in 29 days.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 108 Comments