Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Unused Buckeyes Player You're Most Excited For

+4 HS
MiamiBuckeye's picture
December 16, 2016 at 12:20pm
87 Comments

One of the great things about being fans of a powerful program like Ohio State is the depth of talent and trove of players we're spoiled with. We've seen this season on a few occasions that our backup players can beat lesser teams' starters. I don't think it's too crazy to suggest that if we only played our second string we could probably have gone 8-4 or even 9-3 this season with a daunting schedule in what's been the strongest conference in College Football this year.

Part of having a strong team though is that we have players who'd be starters in most FBS teams who are second, third, or even fourth in line at their respective positions. Take Antonio Williams, the freshman runningback. Had he gone to Wisconsin, he'd probably be Corey Clement's heir apparent, a probable starter next season should Clement leave for the NFL. At OSU however, he's going to have to wait his turn behind Mike Weber, Curtis Samuel, and possibly JK Dobbins/Cam Akers, maybe even Demario McCall.

Considering redshirted players, backups, and incoming recruits, who are you most excited to see get playing time in the future?

For me, I'm very keen on seeing what Dwayne Haskins can do. If JT leaves after this year, we'll have Joe Burrow as heir apparent, but Haskins could still displace him. Haskins has a strong arm, good vision, and seems to have little difficulty making throws while under pressure.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 87 Comments