Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Who made me a Buckeye fan?

+36 HS
311 buckeye's picture
December 8, 2016 at 8:20pm
88 Comments

I saw this topic on the board regarding at&t giving away tickets. But it reminded me of who made me a buckeye. My mom was a buckeye through and through. She was born a buckeye. I was bred a buckeye. I grew up in Atlanta and remember many weekends traveling to pj haleys to watch her team. I didn't know football from video games. So I played video games. We went every Saturday. My brothers and I played games every Saturday. Then I tried to watch a game with my mom. The good guys lost. I remember hating Wisconsin for making my mom cry. I cried because she was crying. I was 9 or 10. I fell in love with buckeye football after that. And my bond with my mom grew. We lived and died with our buckeyes. We watched the rose bowl win. She took me as a 16 year old to Indiana when we stormed their field. She saw our buckeyes win the '02 championship. We saw so many heartbreaks but grew so close together with every game. She went to cancer a few years back. Fuck cancer. Fuck Michigan. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 88 Comments