Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Why is hardly anyone talking about two B1G teams in CFP?

+5 HS
RocknRollover's picture
November 15, 2016 at 8:22pm
81 Comments

It may be hard to believe after all the bashing the B1G conference has had to deal with the past few years, but why are most assuming that there is no way the CFP committee will put two B1G teams in the playoff this year?

The B1G currently has four teams in the top ten - and I don't see that number changing much over the next several weeks.  Can you imagine the media hype of putting two SEC teams in the CFP if they had four teams in the top ten (ESPECIALLY if Alabama was in OSU's shoes right now)??

Furthermore, if Penn State and OSU both win out, I believe a rematch between OSU and the winner of the B1G championship game in the playoff would in a way vindicate putting two B1G teams in the playoff (e.g., if OSU beats the B1G championship winner in the playoff, then there will be no controversy over putting OSU in the playoff without winning its conference).

To summarize, with OSU's tough schedule this year, I really can't see the CFP committee leaving us out of the playoff if we win out and don't make it to the B1G championship game.  I also don't see the committee leaving the winner of the B1G championship game out.  Whether we win two or three more games prior to the playoffs, I believe we are in.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 81 Comments